Comfortable and lightweight knitted Proban® fabrics do not cause skins sensitisation and/ or irritation on the wearer’s skin.
Knitted Proban® fabrics are ideal for manufacture of flame retardant sleepwear for retail and contract markets. Key features of the Proban® fabrics include:
- High level of stability
- Does not hydrolyse on long term storage
- Durability after 50 washes
- Effective on fabrics that have 100% pigment cover
They can meet the following standards
- BS 5722: Specification for flammability performance of fabrics and fabric combinations used in nightwear garments
- BS 5867 Test 2, Type B criteria: Fabrics are tested after 50 washes at 71±3oC.Minimises heat stress. This level of durability washing and test performance is significantly higher than the legal requirement stipulated in the UK Nightwear (Safety) Regulations.
- EN 14878; Textiles – Burning behaviour of children’s nightwear specification.
- Class A performance requirements set for children’s nightwear (not pyjamas)
- Class B performance requirements set for children’s pyjamas.
- CPSC CFR 1616 and 1615 requirements stipulated for the US children’s sleepwear market
- Even on fabrics that have 100% pigment print cover